Helping You Navigate through Today's Technology
Marv Commerford has 20 years of experience in the information technology field. He has been a tech volunteer at Second Sense for over five years, helping with Second Sense's computer maintenance and assisting students from our computer training classes. Marv is an expert Window Eyes user and is also well versed in JAWS and NVDA. Using his broad adaptive technology knowledge, Marv can assist you in numerous ways including:
- Apple iPhone,
- using Screen-Reading programs,
- training on Victor Reader Stream,
- troubleshooting computer issues,
- demonstrating external computer hardware,
- setting up Email accounts,
- tutoring on Windows programs including Windows Media Player, Internet and Windows Explorer, Outlook and Outlook Express,
- managing computer file systems, and
- recommending and tutoring on accessible software programs
Marv is available on Thursdays. You can reach him by calling Second Sense at 312-236-8569. Marv
is very busy, so it is best to call for an appointment.
Jose Nonato began helping his fellow students in Second Sense's computer training class in 2005. Jose had a desire to volunteer and began tutoring adaptive technology in 2008. He is also fluent in Spanish. Jose is available to help you with the following products and systems:
- Victor Reader Stream,
- Apple iPhone,
- JAWS and NVDA screen readers,
- Intel Reader,
- Pearl and Open Book imaging system, and
- Sara scanner
Jose is available every Thursday and other days by appointment.
Aaron Carroll is our newest tech tutor. He has a natural ability to explain complex technology topics in a way you can understand. He can help you build your skills in the following areas:
- JAWS screen reader,
- Microsoft Office Suite,
- Internet, and,
- Victor Reader Stream basics.
Aaron is available on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. You can reach him by calling Second Sense at 312-236-8569.
You are welcome to phone or drop in for tutoring, but making an appointment is best if your need will require more time or you would like one-on-one assistance.
You can reach our tutors by phoning Second Sense at 312-236-8569.